Jose “Diego” Espinoza is currently serving his second term in the House of Representatives for Legislative District 19 (LD19) and serves as Co-Chair for the Latino Caucus.
LD19 serves residents in Avondale, Tolleson and West Phoenix. In addition to proudly serving in the state legislature, Representative Espinoza’s professional career includes prior public service as a Council Member and Vice Mayor of Tolleson, Arizona and owning and operating a successful small business.
A Strong History
Over the years, Representative Espinoza has served on numerous boards and commissions including:
- National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO)
- Board of Hispanic Caucus (Chair)
- Arizona Latino Caucus
- Native American Caucus
- Commerce Committee
- Banking and Financial Services Committee
- Maricopa County Community Development Advisory Commission
- Southwesy Valley Chamber of Commerce
- National League of Cities and Towns
- Hispanic Forum de Oeste
- United States Green Building Council
- Energy Star
- Rebuild America
- National Council for La Raza
- Tolleson Community Action Program Advisory Board
- Tolleson Advisory Board Chair, Salvation Army
- Blessed Sacrement Event Coordinator
- Teen Youth Council Mentor
- Tolleson Service Committee
- Tolsun Farms Block Watch
A Part of the Community
In 2007, Representative Espinoza opened Fuego Bar & Grill. His talents in marketing strategies, team building, and business administration has allowed the business to grow substantially over the years. As a pride point for Tolleson, Arizona, Representative Espinoza ensures this restaurant provides opportunities to give back to the community by hosting numerous events throughout the year.
To compliment his professional career, Representative Espinoza has earned a Total Quality Management Certificate, an Associate of Arts in Organizational Leadership, a Bachelor of Arts in Business Management and is a proud graduate of Hispanic Leadership Institute-West and Leadership West.
As a lifelong west valley resident, Representative Espinoza is committed to promoting and advocating for those in his district and the great state of Arizona!
let’s do great work together for our community.”
Representative Espinoza is proud to have earned the confidence of the following organizations and is committed to working hard for all citizens of Legislative District 19.
- Arizona Nurses Association – Political Action Committee
- Arizona Academy of Family Physicians
- Arizona AFL-CIO
- Arizona Association of REALTORS®
- Arizona Chamber of Commerce
- Arizona Technology Council
- Arizona Trucking Association
- Fraternal Order of Police
- National Association of Social Workers
- Phoenix Chamber of Commerce
- Planned Parenthood of Arizona
- Sierra Club